Re: [Patch] C++ inlining heuristics changed (3.0.1)

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
[...]
 >>I'd like to have this patch included in 3.0.2. (Unless somebody can come
 >>with an inliner for 3.0.2 that does not cut inlining at leaves but at the
 >>trunk of the call tree.)
 >>

 > I strongly second this, and I definitely would like to see this applied
 > ASAP, regardless of *any* future plans.
 >
 > "Besser der Spatz in der Hand als die Taube auf dem Dach" -- your patch
 > exists and works; it just doesn't make sense waiting for something which
 > might arrive (or not).

Same here; I just re-built gcc-3.0.1 with all languages enabled,
and I'm amazed! Great work Kurt! The final RPM I built is not only
smaller than the first one (saved ~3%), but, random tests using the
new compiler showed improved performance of the generated code by
up to ~30-40% (and this was plain C code)!

One suggestion though; your patch is changing gcc.info-4, which is
a generated file. You should be re-generating your patch with changes
to the original .texi* files instead.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred