This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unable to configure GCC 3.0 on Win2k Pro
- To: Jeffrey L Johnson <jflnjnsn at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: Unable to configure GCC 3.0 on Win2k Pro
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:42:37 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Jeffrey L Johnson wrote:
> Subj: Unable to configure GCC 3.0 on Win2k Pro
The GCC source distribution is designed to be configured/built on a
variety of systems with a POSIX shell. Since Windows lacks a native POSIX
shell, it cannot build GCC from source without some help.
Within the online installation guide you may have seen the platform
which would have taken you to the Cygwin pages. From there you can
download the requisite software to build GCC natively.