This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++] Linking with old version of .a
- To: Loïc Joly <Loic dot Joly at renault dot com>
- Subject: Re: [C++] Linking with old version of .a
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 23 Aug 2001 15:57:12 +0200
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <3B83F006.56C2169F@renault.com>
Loïc Joly <Loic.Joly@renault.com> writes:
| I am a newbie in gcc, and a newcomer on this list.
| I have trouble linking a C++ program compiled with gcc3.0 with older
| libraries. I think this is related to the fact that the ABI of g++ has
| been modified recently.
| I wonder if there is a back-compatibility mode ?
The old ABI is no longer supported in GCC-3.x series. If you have to
link with libraries using the old ABI, then your best bet might be
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com