This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug in complex::norm
- To: nbecker at fred dot net
- Subject: Re: Bug in complex::norm
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 23 Aug 2001 14:36:08 +0200
- Cc: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>, gdr at codesourcery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis), loreti at pd dot infn dot it (Maurizio Loreti), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <200108221828.f7MISxc23607@phal.cambridge.redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
| >>>>> "Joern" == Joern Rennecke <email@example.com> writes:
| >> I don't recall if I changed norm's implementation, and if so I don't
| >> recall why. But we should have a less inefficient implementation.
| Joern> Is norm required to be the euclidian norm? I would think that it is
| Joern> faster to compute the maximum norm.
| Sorry, I don't know what "maximum norm" means. Do you have a
|| (a, b) ||_\infty = \max(|a|, |b|)