Re: [ GCC 3.0.x] Significant regression on OpenBSD i386

In article <200108221238.f7MCcl629944@quatramaran.ens.fr> you write:
>I'm not sure I understand precisely what's going on, but it seems there
>should be a distinction between @GOT (for global symbols) and @GOTOFF
>(for local symbols) that gcc is not making, and that this is the problem
>that is killing gas here...

While I'm at this, is there any doc of GOT/GOTOFF and similar thingies ?
A quick grep through binutils docs doesn't give much....
I can dive through the code, but this is going to take long, and I'm prone
to miss useful details, not to mention the possibility of mistaking bugs
for specification.