This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: BB duplication code
- To: rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Subject: Re: RFC: BB duplication code
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:04:48 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: jh at suse dot cz (Jan Hubicka), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,patches at x86-64 dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> In the case of JUMP_TABLES_IN_TEXT_SECTION, yes, you absolutely cannot
> share the table. This is used by targets that use pc-relative addressing
> from the jump instruction to the table. VAX is the most extreme example
> in that the entire table is an argument to the instruction.
This is target-dependent. Some targets just put the jump table in the text
section because the linker can't handle cross-section differences, and
they use differences (either always or for pic / PIC).