This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug in complex::norm
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Bug in complex::norm
- From: nbecker at fred dot net
- Date: 22 Aug 2001 14:46:15 -0400
- Cc: gdr at codesourcery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis), loreti at pd dot infn dot it (Maurizio Loreti), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200108221828.f7MISxc23607@phal.cambridge.redhat.com>
>>>>> "Joern" == Joern Rennecke <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I don't recall if I changed norm's implementation, and if so I don't
>> recall why. But we should have a less inefficient implementation.
Joern> Is norm required to be the euclidian norm? I would think that it is
Joern> faster to compute the maximum norm.
Sorry, I don't know what "maximum norm" means. Do you have a
In any case, I believe euclidian norm has been the common usage for