Re: c++/4047: assuming & on overloaded member functions

Hi,

Thank you all. Now I know where I got it wrong. I didn't know that
we need to use & to form a pointer to member.

------------
Yu Zhang
02/0CW1/4611/BURN
IBM Canada Pacific Development Centre(PDC)
4611 Canada  Way, Burnaby, B.C. Canada V5G 4X3
Phone: (604) 297-3108  Fax:(604)297-3020
E-mail: yuzhang@ca.ibm.com

                    Nathan Sidwell
                    <nathan@codesou       To:     Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@codesourcery.com>
                    rcery.com>            cc:     Yu Zhang/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA, Phil Edwards
                    Sent by:               <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
                    gcc-owner@gcc.g       Subject:     Re: c++/4047: assuming & on overloaded member functions
                    nu.org

                    08/22/2001
                    03:39 AM
                    Please respond
                    to Nathan
                    Sidwell

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> "Yu Zhang/CanWest/IBM" <yuzhang@ca.ibm.com> writes:
>
> | Hi Phil,
> |
> | Thank you very much. It does work! But I'm confused,
> | which one is C++ standard?
> | server.use(T::foo); or server.use(&T::foo); ?
>
> &T::foo.
This is correct to pointer to (non-static) member function. In Yu's
case, T::foo is a static member, so the & is optional. Confusing, n'est
pas?
2.95 got this wrong when T::foo was overloaded.

For the record, refer to [5.3.1]/2 on how to form a pointer to member.

nathan
--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery
LLC