This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0 Branch is Thawed
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: 3.0 Branch is Thawed
- From: Rod Stewart <stewart at lab43 dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:59:21 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: "law at redhat dot com" <law at redhat dot com>, "martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com" <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > > I do not know.
> > Let's ask this a different way :-)
> > Would you like snapshots from the branch or the development tree?
> I personally would prefer snapshots from the branch so that the next
> release of GCC is always easy for people to test. My working
> assumption for the development branch is that people brave enough
> to try using it are willing to go to more extreme lengths to obtain
> the current sources.
If this is what is decided, would it be possible to say this in the
weekly e-mails about the snapshots. Either way the e-mails should say if
it is from the branch or the mainline...