This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: inline-limit: some experimental feedback
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Subject: Re: inline-limit: some experimental feedback
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:52:44 -0700
> Maybe I should put up a web page with a detailed analysis of the
> problem, so people stop analyzing and coming up with the same analysis
Yes. Please do. It's kind of hard to do performance tuning of the
compiler without a given set of sources.
I'm curious about the performance issue, and would like to see
- how code is being compiled (command line options)
- what different compile options are tried, and what makes a difference
- what kind of code is being compiled
- (personal) what the C++ library dependencies are, to help with
tuning on the library.
Of course, specific code examples would be the best.