Re: Register allocation problem?

>>>>> Peter Bergner writes:

Peter> Why is it again we run reload after the new allocator (I assume this
Peter> conversation occurred before I rejoined the mailing list)?

	Reload primarily is necessary to handle some perverse restrictions
of some architectures.  The difficulty is finding the balance between
leaving enough of reload in place for the difficult corner cases while not
having reload interfere with the correct register allocation and
materialization which the new register allocator has performed.

	Rice and others are helping with the design and tuning.

Thanks, David