This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Multiple Libraries with same name
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Multiple Libraries with same name
- From: Pascal Francq <pfrancq at ulb dot ac dot be>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:03:48 +0200
- Organization: =?iso8859-15?q?Universit=E9=20Libre=20de?= Bruxelles
In a project with a lot of subdirs, two subdirs have the same name.
autoconf/automake configure the make files to create in each directory a
static library file with the name of the directory. So, when gcc links all
the static libraries to make the executable, there are two libraries with the
same name. Can this situation became of problem for gcc, because it seems not
to find some references defined in one of the libraries with the same name?
Ir Pascal Francq
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50
Tel. +32-2-650 47 65
Fax +32-2-650 47 24