This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using SSE and SSE2???
- To: "Vsevolod Ilyushchenko" <simonf at cshl dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: Using SSE and SSE2???
- From: "Tim Prince" <tprince at computer dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:41:15 -0700
- References: <3B8121E5.2257AC1A@cshl.org>
-msse2 is an option for the gcc-3.1 snapshots, but not for gcc-3.0.1. The truncxxxx_sse2 patterns have been broken for several
weeks in gcc-3.1, but you must not have been invoking the snapshot compiler.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vsevolod Ilyushchenko" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 7:42 AM
Subject: Using SSE and SSE2???
> Pardon for a possibly stupid question, but how do I tell gcc to use SSE
> instructions on a Xeon? I tried using -msse / -msse2 with the latest gcc
> snapshot, but it just complains about an unknown option. Yet I see people
> discussing this syntax. Do I need to do something about my binutils, maybe?
> | x | Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko) email@example.com
> | y = e |
> |_________| http://www.simonf.com firstname.lastname@example.org
> Disclaimer: This is not me.
> This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...