This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MacOS-X/Darwin port of gcc-3.0.1
- To: "Axel F. Zinser" <fifi at hiss dot org>
- Subject: Re: MacOS-X/Darwin port of gcc-3.0.1
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:07:30 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200108200615.IAA18783@hiss.org>
"Axel F. Zinser" wrote:
> is somebody caring for the MacOS-X/Darwin port or is this job left to
> the Aplle people?
Yes and yes. Our goal is to be able to use the Darwin port (with
certain dubious extensions :-) ) as the system compiler for OS X,
so we have an interest in caring for it. We're happy to suck in
additional people though - even pulling down the latest sources
from CVS and building them is useful testing that most people can
do. Note however 3.0.x does not support Darwin/OS X, but that
current CVS (and thus 3.1) works fine.