Linking problem in cpprt0_stub.s

Hi there,

        I am trying to link C++ library (isup
library)(with the a gcc compiler)with C code. I am
using a linkage module cpprt0_stub.s for this purpose.
cpprt0_stub.s file is

.code
; stubs for static constructors in a.out
.export __StaticCtorTable_Start,data
.export __StaticCtorTable_End,data
__StaticCtorTable_Start
__StaticCtorTable_End
.data
; stubs for static constructors in a.out, compiled
with +z/+Z
.export __ZStaticCtorTable_Start,data
.export __ZStaticCtorTable_End,data
__ZStaticCtorTable_Start
__ZStaticCtorTable_End

when I compile the code with gcc -c option, it gives
me following error
cpprt0_stub.s: Assembler messages:
cpprt0_stub.s:3: Fatal error: Not in a space.

It compiles well with cc -c option.
Is there any way to change the cpprt0_stub.s file to
compile it with gcc ? Or is there any option with gcc
to compile this routine ?

Any help, guess, suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Aravind...