GCC compile error message....

Hi ,

I want to help us about compiling my program. GCC is used to compile the
program.
I used java JNI(java native interface) to developt the program.

Our platform is HP Unix 11.0, gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release).

The program is a shared library (.sh). To do, I use a makefile.
The program(shared library)  use some C API library. When I add the C
API library in makefile, I take a compile error.

The compile error :
/bin/ld: DP relative code in file .../bin/libProvisioningAPI.sl - shared
library must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.

What can I do to fix the error ? I used +z option to compile my program
with gcc, but gcc has no
+z option.

Thanks for helping from now.

Yasar  KARADELI
PSTN : +90 212 4492157
GSM  : +90 532 2101895

dissemination, forwarding, copying or use of any of the information is
prohibited.

The opinions expressed in this message belong to sender alone. There is no
implied endorsement by TURKCELL.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.