3.0.1 Release

I am spinning the final release bits now.

Please do not check anything into the 3.0 branch, under any
circumstances, until I give the word.  That will probably be in
a couple of days, just in case we have some packaging problem that
causes us to need to respin.  Then, we will return to the normal
branch state, where anyone can approve patches that fix regressions.

Thanks,