From: Alexandre Oliva []
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:28 PM
To: Sarangdhar, NitinX
Cc: ''
Subject: Re: C++ Static Variable Initialization

On Aug 14, 2001, "Sarangdhar, NitinX" <> wrote:

> I have a C++ code with some static declarations. In the absence of main()
> there a way to initialize the statics properly?

What appears to be the problem?  g++ does emit magic to get C++
globals initialized if you link in the gcc run-time object files,
which are implicitly linked in when you use g++ for linking.

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{,}