Re: A (minor) doc problem?

On Aug 15, 2001, Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu> wrote:

> In the GCC 3.0 info pages, the option -finline-limits is documented as
> controlling how large of a function is inlined for functions explicetely
> marked as being inline. However, it seems like this actually controls the
> inlining of all functions

I doubt it.  Do you have a code snippet and a command-line that would
demonstrate the problem?  Make sure you're not using -O3, because this
implies -finline.

> BTW, has anyone succesfully built GCC 3.0 on Linux/SPARC32 (Redhat
> 6.2)?

I'm not sure I did, but I had been testing it on the few weeks before
the final release.  I'm giving it a try on this week's snapshot right
now too.

> mknumeric_limits failed,

Oh, I recall this problem.  It affected a subset of sparc32 boxes, and
is fixed for 3.0.1.

> some code was looking for strcmp and friends and couldn't find them,

I don't recall this one.