This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, syedali011 at earthlink dot net
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:10:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: eberly at magic-software dot com, ejr at cs dot berkeley dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
<<doing something like if (blah_justcomputed == thevalue) could result into a lot
of wasted time.
Misusing any feature can result in a lot of wasted time.
If you are talking about a beginner who thinks that floating-point arithmetic
is real arithmetic, then you had better give warnings like
"warning: this operation is floating-point not real aritmetic"
for every fpt operation :-)