This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:12:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: ejr at cs dot berkeley dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de,syedali011 at earthlink dot net
>>I don't want it, and I don't specify -Wfloat-equal, and I don't get it.
OK, but that is no excuse for the blatantly wrong/ignorant wording of the
error message. At the very least the *is* should be replaced by *may be*.
The fact that the warning is misworded the way it was pretty clearly implies
that it was implemented/supported by people who did not understand the issues.