This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mem operator with unspecified width
- To: Stephen Clarke <Stephen dot Clarke at st dot com>
- Subject: Re: mem operator with unspecified width
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:58:06 -0600
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <3B7ACB60.95E6A303@st.com>you write:
> Is it legal in RTL for a mem operator to have unspecified width?
No. Definitely not. It must have a mode.
If we don't know the size of the access, then it should have BLKmode.