This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: syedali011 at earthlink dot net
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:01:24 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, ejr at cs dot berkeley dot edu, kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de
> if there going to be doing stuff like
> if (a_float == someinteger)
> imho this should be flagged off as a warning?
There *is* a warning that does this in gcc-3.0:
banach-292% gcc -Wfloat-equal -c test.c
test.c: In function `test':
test.c:4: warning: comparing floating point with == or != is unsafe
banach-293% cat test.c
test (float a, int b)
return a == b;