This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: spec2000 regression
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: spec2000 regression
- From: Jason Merrill <jason_merrill at redhat dot com>
- Date: 15 Aug 2001 11:57:30 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010815123730.P19872@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> So remaining patch I can't analyze completely is yours to alias.c
> I've failed to find the corresponding email at gcc-patches mailing list
> (even when I believe I've went across it in the pass)
The subject line is "PATCH to get_alias_set". There were two messages.
> so please can you double-check the patch and try to explain me what
> exactly it is shooting for?
It's trying to avoid recalculating the alias set for a variable. I suppose
it could cause a performance regression if the initial alias set were
wrong, but I would expect that to cause other problems as well.