Updating libtools (in the gcc tree) question.

I would like to add support for the HP-UX IA64 platform to the libtool
files in the gcc (and binutils) trees.  What is the correct way to do
that now?  I have sent in my changes to libtools and they are in the
top-of-tree for the libtool cvs tree but I understand that the binutils
and gcc trees are not using the libtool top-of-tree right now, is that
right?  Should I send changes to binutils?  gcc?  Wait for them both to
start picking up the libtool top-of-tree again?  Is there a plan/date
for binutils and gcc to start using the "real" libtools top-of-tree
again?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com