This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: updating CVS on soruceware
- To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
- Subject: Re: updating CVS on soruceware
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 14 Aug 2001 11:56:36 -0600
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010814101010.A83088@dragon.nuxi.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "David" == David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org> writes:
David> Can CVS be updated to 1.11.x on Sourceware? The new -C option
David> to update is very useful.
David> -C Overwrite locally modified files with clean repository
Do you need a new server installed for this to work (I don't know)?
Anyway, Chris Faylor and Jason Molenda have done some experimentation
with cvs 1.11 on sources. Unfortunately, even with Ian's fileattr
patch, 1.11 is slower. My understanding (and I haven't followed this
issue too closely) is that we're reluctant to upgrade until someone
puts some time into understanding why the slowdown has occurred.