This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mapping calls to declarations
- To: James Montgomerie <jrmg at dcs dot ed dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Mapping calls to declarations
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:19:00 -0700
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <B79E9BE4.6E4firstname.lastname@example.org> <B79F037E.email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:34:06PM +0100, James Montgomerie wrote:
> This seems to work, but the casting from pointers to ints and back makes me
> generally 'nervous'. If there's another, less messy, solution, I'd still be
> grateful if it was pointed out.
Make the int be an index into an array in the backend.
> Also, my knowledge of the garbage collector is near to zero - is this a safe
> way to allocate and use memory (i.e. my memory's not going to be
> de-allocated before I use it)?