This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
EH_FRAME_SECTION_NAME failure on AIX
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: EH_FRAME_SECTION_NAME failure on AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:01:51 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Your patches changing the generation of exception section names
has broken GCC on AIX. GCC now generates codes like:
.csect .eh_frame <***************
Placing the EH tables in a CSECT called "eh_frame". The info used to be
placed in the DATA section
/* xcoff.h */
#define EXCEPTION_SECTION data_section
One could place the EH info in a CSECT called "eh_frame[RW]" which
probably is safe from AIX linker garbage collection because of its
references to the text section.
This seems to have been caused by your patch on August 9. Would
you please correct this? I can help if you need info about AIX CSECTs.