This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
may_trap_p and flag_trapping_math
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: may_trap_p and flag_trapping_math
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:04:43 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier)
I don't quite understand the comment in ifcvt.c:
/* ??? Unfortuantely may_trap_p can't look at flag_trapping_math, due to
being linked into the genfoo programs. This is probably a mistake.
I would like to have may_trap_p use flag_trapping_math, I think it would help
in scheduling some code I'm trying to compile. Can someone explain the comment
and perhaps suggest a workaround (move may_trap_p to another file? something
less drastic?) so I can start to work on a patch?