This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
new warning on the 3.0 branch
- To: nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: new warning on the 3.0 branch
- From: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain dot Pion at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:00:23 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
There is a new warning that appeared last week on the 3.0 branch, which I
suspect comes from Nathan's recent changes.
Compiling the following program with "g++ -Wall" :
empty a, b;
a = b;
produces the warning :
empty_copy_warning.C:7: warning: statement with no effect
There was no such warning before. I find this behaviour painful when dealing
with template arguments types, which can be empty or not. If this is
considered a misfeature, then it's a regression from 3.0.
If not, is there a nice way to get rid of this warning ?
I can file a bug in GNATS if needed.