This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: ross dot s at ihug dot co dot nz, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:38:16 -0700
- Newsgroups: linux.egcs
- References: <200108130340.f7D3ecd14255@penguin.transmeta.com>
In article <3B776464.7FF149B6@ihug.co.nz> you write:
>A little nitpick on a post I otherwise agree with: you're talking about
>a loss of _domain_ values, not range. The domain of a function is the
>set of legal argument values, the range is the set of possible return
Mea culpa, I stand corrected. I know just enough about FP math to be
dangerous, not enough to be competent and know all the terminology ;)