This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:55:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Hmm. As far as I know, the library routines at least in glibc do not add
The library routines _do_ add:
- "errno" handling
- extended range by reduction of the argument size
but not accuracy.
The way argument reduction is done affects accuracy for arguments
whose absolute value is larger than half pi.