This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, torvalds at transmeta dot com
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
<<Hmm. As far as I know, the library routines at least in glibc do not add
Right, I think on the x86, you have to settle in Ada for using specialized
routines. My own feeling is that for normal use, it is fine to use the
instructions. I agree that in normal mode you need errno handling, I must
say that the extended range reduction is completely useless in practice,
but I suppose it is required :-(