This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:37:07 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> <<They are as "accurate" - it's just that they have a more limited
> argument range.
> I do not believe that these built in routines meet the Ada requirements
> for accuracy. At least I cannot prove that from the documentation Intel
Hmm. As far as I know, the library routines at least in glibc do not add
The library routines _do_ add:
- "errno" handling
- extended range by reduction of the argument size
but not accuracy.