This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: bosch at gnat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:47:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl,torvalds at transmeta dot com
<<Of course the whole issue here is the -ffast-math option, which indeed
gives up on such accuracy requirements to achieve better speed, so
your comment is not relevant here. Think of this as the Ada relaxed math mode.
Well the question is whether the built-in routines can be used in normal
mode. I would say that it makes sense to say yes on this. After all, IEEE
has no notion of required accuracy for elementary functions in the first