This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl,torvalds at transmeta dot com
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 email@example.com wrote:
I do not believe that these built in routines meet the Ada requirements
for accuracy. At least I cannot prove that from the documentation Intel
Of course the whole issue here is the -ffast-math option, which indeed
gives up on such accuracy requirements to achieve better speed, so
your comment is not relevant here. Think of this as the Ada relaxed math mode.
PS. The accurracy difference is the value of Pi used for argument reduction.