This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 12 Aug 2001 14:06:05 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <3B7668F6.CF732D77@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
As far as as C99 and IEEE-754 are concerned, please note that the
complex arithmetic part is a C99 invention and not all agree with
those inventions -- we had had recently a dicussion on that topic on
the C/C++ compatibility reflector, and a DR was filled.
C++ seems to rely on LIA standards (as reflected in numeric_limits<>
specification) and the sentiment (after the above mentionned
discussion) is to follow LIA standards in future revision of C++.
LIA-3 (complex arithmetic) is in a drafting-stage,
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com