This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA-64 anti-dependence stalls
- To: Stephen Clarke <Stephen dot Clarke at st dot com>
- Subject: Re: IA-64 anti-dependence stalls
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:44:42 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B747D92.BA5D5A56@st.com>
On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:34:26PM -0700, Stephen Clarke wrote:
> We're doing some microarchitecture experiments that may benefit from this
> idea -- can anyone provide more information on what was done, and
> whether this code is public?
The code is in regrename.c, and is enabled by -frename-registers.
As for what was done, we look for registers that are written more
than once in a basic block and move subsequent writes to a new
register if there is one available. Of course all of the reads
are adjusted to match.