Re: Calling va_start multiple times vs __va_copy

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 08:23:27PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Aug  8, 2001, Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com> wrote:
>
> > It will work with almost all OS, but there is at least one
> > that I know of where va_list is not a struct but a pointer to
> > a struct.  In the latter case it doesn't work.
>
> Well, it should work, according to the standard.  Which combination of
> OS and compiler was that?  Perhaps you should file a bug report to the
> maintainer of that compiler?

I couldn't remember well enough, but for you I looked in the
CVS repository and found this comment:

"This fixes a problem for Power PC platforms (ppc). va_list is an array
 in PPC-SYSV ABI which therefore gets changed after a call to vsendto_one
 etc, which causes core dumps for all the send.c functions with loops."

This was in June 2000.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>