This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: robustness vs. conservative GC
- To: Tom Lord <lord at regexps dot com>
- Subject: Re: robustness vs. conservative GC
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:33:15 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Tom Lord wrote:
> Supposing you do have exact type information for the stack, how can GC
> be certain a stack slot is initialized?
> If the information you have doesn't tell you that, then it isn't
Fair enough. But now instead of one stack frame description per function,
you may need several. And observe correct sequential ordering on a
I'm still finding it hard to imagine how that can be done for reasonable