Re: Third Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.

> We do not in general try to be bug compatible with all target
> arithmetics, but I'm sure no one would mind if you wanted to put
> in the effort to implement that.

Actually, I would mind.  Our biggest problem with gcc 3.x is bloat.
It keeps getting bigger and slower and produces worse code.  Adding
more code to gcc can produce benefits, but it also costs.  Too many
cute ideas have been added whose costs exceed their benefits and that
make the compiler less maintainable.

Now, if someone has ideas for a cleaner architecture that improves
the compiler overall and, as a side benefit, makes it easy to be
bug compatible with obscure and non-standard floating point arithmetic for
rare hosts, that's another matter.