Re: Trunk build failure on Itanium

I looked at this (see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-08/msg00555.html) a
little bit more.

It appears that propagate_one_insn is trying to (erroneously I think) delete
the instruction that restores ar.pfs before a sibcall.  It correctly notices
the error because sibcall_epilogue_contains(insn) returns 1 .

The preceding call to insn_dead_p returned true because pbi->reg_live failed
to include ar.pfs, even though it's considered live at the end of the basic
block.  I would guess that the liveness information for ar.pfs is no longer
propagated correctly through the sibcall?

Could someone who knows this code have a look at this, please?

Hans