This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: installion error
- To: Govind Vinjamuri <gvinjamu at cceb dot upenn dot edu>
- Subject: Re: installion error
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:57:15 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B729B09.8BF3D87E@cceb.upenn.edu>
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:15:37AM -0400, Govind Vinjamuri wrote:
> trying to install gcc 3.0 on solaris 8. Compiled without any problems on
> 2.6. Thank you in advance.
> make: Warning: Can't find `make.rules': No such file or directory
> sh: AR_FLAGS=rc: not found
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-libiberty'
Solaris /usr/ccs/bin/make won't generate .o files from .c files if
/usr/share/lib/make/make.rules is missing. It may be found in and installed
from the SUNWsprot package.
(Thanks Vic. :-)
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance
which has grown stale, which men of old have spoken.
- anonymous Egyptian scribe, c.1700 BC