This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Success after struggles building gcc-3.0 (c compiler only) for sparcv9-sun-solaris2.7
- To: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Success after struggles building gcc-3.0 (c compiler only) for sparcv9-sun-solaris2.7
- From: Åke Nordin A (QRA) <Ake dot A dot Nordin at era dot ericsson dot se>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:17:50 +0200
As already well known, gmake bootstrap fails.
I only built gcc (--enable-languages=c).
I used gmake CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' bootstrap.
I encountered two problems during the build:
1) libiberty is built with the old system compiler, in our case
a 32-bit gcc-2.8.1. This makes the linking of libiberty fail,
since the objects were built by the old compiler and thus are
gmake 'CC=/dsk/astrid/tools/gcc-3.0-obj/gcc/stage1/xgcc -B/dsk/astrid/tools/gcc-3.0-obj/gcc/stage1/ -B/dsk/astrid/tools/cc-3.0/sparcv9-sun-solaris2.7/bin/' CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2'
2) Comparison of stage 2 and stage 3 failed.
gmake CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' bootstrap4
The included tests failed the bootsrap4 build, but I think I've
verified the build fair enough by being able to configure, build
and run lsof version 4.57 without problems and with the expected
I will build a sparc-sun-solaris2.6 gcc 3.0 with at least c++ and
java in a few days. If no such success is listed at the time
I will probably build the whole slew so i can submit a "clean one" 8^)
Ericsson Radio Systems
Tel: +468 585 32197
ECN: (850) 32197
Fax: +468 751 1334
Mobile: +46 704 660 199