Re: Need help understanding decl_handle_format_arg_attribute

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Philipp Thomas wrote:

> While trying to translate gcc messages, I stumbled over a message in
> format.c(decl_handle_format_arg_attribute), that I can't make sense of.
> Therefore I'd like some help from someone understanding that code.

Examining gcc.log from a testsuite run should show examples of all
diagnostics c-format.c can generate and where to find testcases for them.

> Now could anyone enlighten me what this error message means? Specifically
> what 'operand number' refers to?

In __attribute__((format_arg(4))), 4 is the operand number.  This must be
an integer constant expression.  For example,
__attribute__((format_arg(foo))) is invalid.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk