This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need help understanding decl_handle_format_arg_attribute
- To: Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Need help understanding decl_handle_format_arg_attribute
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:44:01 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> While trying to translate gcc messages, I stumbled over a message in
> format.c(decl_handle_format_arg_attribute), that I can't make sense of.
> Therefore I'd like some help from someone understanding that code.
Examining gcc.log from a testsuite run should show examples of all
diagnostics c-format.c can generate and where to find testcases for them.
> Now could anyone enlighten me what this error message means? Specifically
> what 'operand number' refers to?
In __attribute__((format_arg(4))), 4 is the operand number. This must be
an integer constant expression. For example,
__attribute__((format_arg(foo))) is invalid.
Joseph S. Myers