This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compile driver finding binutils
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: compile driver finding binutils
- From: "Eric Christopher" <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:28:34 +0100
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
- Organization: Red Hat Inc.
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.10.10108091005220.18252-100000@absolut>
> We have a need to use both cross gcc and, of course, binutils
> cross-tools, but not have them installed in the same location.
Why not in the same location?
> I have tried configuring gcc using --with-as=.... and --with-ld=..., but
> these seem to require an absolute path to the tools. This would not be a
> problem except that the tools will not always be mounted in exactly the
> same place (depending on curcumstances and machine).
Yes. This is a problem. The best way would be to install them in the
same location via a combined tree:
Look out behind you!