This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new switch that warns about missing includes
- To: Florian Schintke <schintke at zib dot de>
- Subject: Re: new switch that warns about missing includes
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:34:03 +1000
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010808180500.F4123@csr-pc2.zib.de>
On 08-Aug-2001, Florian Schintke <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of a switch for the gcc that warns you about missing
> includes of standard header files to get higher reliablity of your
> I don't know exectly how to implement this. Maybe you are
> interested to think about it.
I've been using the following Makefile recipe, which will catch some
but not all cases of header files which are not properly self-contained.
HDRS = foo.h bar.h baz.h
%.check.c : %.h
echo "#include \"$*.h\"" > $@
Fergus Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.