This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS broken on trunk and gcc-3.0 branch
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Subject: COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS broken on trunk and gcc-3.0 branch
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:44:32 -0400
- cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Rainer's patch has broken COLLET_GCC_OPTIONS. With his patch,
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS on AIX is *empty*. When building libgcc2, before his
patch, collect2 shows:
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS = '-B./' '-O2' '-DIN_GCC' '-W' '-Wall'
'-Wwrite-strings' '-W strict-prototypes' '-Wmissing-prototypes' '-isystem'
'./include' '-g1' '-DHAVE_G THR_DEFAULT' '-DIN_LIBGCC2'
'-D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED' '-shared' '-nodefaultlibs ' '-o' 'fooshr.o'
After his patch:
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS is not present whatsoever.
This causes errors like:
ld: 0711-738 ERROR: Input file /tmp//ccwSK62O.o:
XCOFF32 object files are not allowed in 64-bit mode.
when bootstrapping on AIX because collect2 does not invoke xgcc with the
This is a regression from gcc-3.0. I am opening a PR and marking
it as high priority. This causes build failures on both the trunk and the