This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: (Finding) A Logo for GCC
- To: bkorb at veritas dot com (Bruce Korb)
- Subject: Re: (Finding) A Logo for GCC
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:27:31 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc)
> I think Nina should finish the progression: Take the GNU out of the
> egg showing a slightly older, more mature GNU head than the one
> poking out of the egg, and leave a large fragment of egg in the
> foreground, big enough to hold "GCC" :-)
No, the egg was a pun on the name 'egcs'. But now the name is 'GCC'.
We could show a gnu compiler collection, i.e. a bunch of cowboys that
round up gnus.
Or, staying with phonetic similarities, show somebody who is amazed and
a nodding Spaniard. .
(,Gee!' ,|Si, Si!')