Re: Sam Figueroa's thesis.

<<I found the thesis you reference below online after only a few minutes
of googlin' :-)

Great, glad to hear it is accessible :-)

But as per previous note, I don't think you need to go ploughing through
this right now, for now it is good enough to reference the appropriate
section in C99.

What we need eventually in your report is a list of references on
floating-point models for each language.

For Ada, we have two sources,

a) Annex G, the official model in the RM, which is very precise, but is
general enough to accomodate typical non-IEEE architectures (for instance
there is permission to use multiply-by-the-reciprocal if the hardware does
this, so that if anyone does ever implement Ada on the Cray or i860, the
definition will be ready for it :-)

b) the IEEE binding that appears in Sam's thesis. Never fully implemented,
but the basic evaluation rules are clear.